Saturday, September 3, 2022

wyzant

 HI, I AM A TUTOR AT WYZANT.




Hi! I'm a very patient, experienced (16+ years) teacher who believes that learning should be fun. I have taught all ages of elementary to eighth grade students. I have also raised my children who are now college graduates with amazing jobs that they love. I have taught all elementary school subjects including handwriting and phonics. My favorite subject is science/lab/experiments/projects. I taught elementary students in a laboratory setting. We blew things up (safely!) and had allot of fun.

I am currently in a wheelchair/scooter as arthritis has made it difficult for me to walk, but I get around everywhere and I am on my way back to walking with physical therapy. I have a special talent for teaching students with disabilities. I prefer to meet at the library near my home or in a public place as it is simply easier for me to get there. I do not have a car, but I am open to other means of traveling; i.e., public transportation, rides, etc. I love meeting new people and students.

I struggled with Math as a child and know the issues that contributed to those difficulties; that is say, having been there, I can connect directly with a struggling student and share the ways of learning and doing math that have helped me to be successful.

I have a Bachelors degree in Elementary Education and Professional Communication from Alverno College, Milwaukee, Wisconsin. My minors are science and graphics. I have a natural love of all subjects of science and keep up to date with recent discoveries and developments. My philosophy, in regard to science is: Science: Our Lives Depend On It!

I have taught reading in many different scenarios and have many methods to share to make reading easier. In one school, we formed "one room school house classrooms" where students were grouped by their ability to read. I was successful in raising all 35 of my students from a second grade level to third grade level in less than a semester. This class included not only reading words but comprehension skills.


https://www.wyzant.com/Tutors/ArleneCanHelp

https://www.wyzant.com/Tutors/ArleneCanHelp

  for Arlene Pitts, Tutor




No comments:

Post a Comment